Tawa pulao is a famous food in Mumbai (Maharashtra). Figure out how to make scrumptious Tawa pulao home cooking utilizing this simple formula.
Cooked white rice, fresh vegetables, and pav bhaji masala are all you have to prepare this tasty formula. This formula is additionally called as Tava Pulav, Pav Bhaji Rice or Tawa Pilaf.
I am including guidelines to make Tawa Pulao at home utilizing burner technique just as an electric weight cooker like InstantPot strategy.
It is impeccable supper prep for snacks, weeknight supper just as gathering menu. A mainstream swarm pleaser, you will adore the vivid and flavorsome rice entrée.
Other than being a perfect formula to utilize extra rice, Tawa pulao additionally is filling, healthy, and heavenly.
Indian road food and its wonderful notoriety! There is nothing very like it and no words can appropriately depict the cornucopia of flavors, tastes, and assortments cooked and sold in the city across India.
Tawa pulao recipe accepted to be started in the city of Mumbai (beforehand Bombay) Now pined for by all the mumbaiets and the same, this lip-smacking yummy rice is one of our top choices.
What is Tawa pulao?
Tawa is a Cast Iron Griddle that is commonly utilized in making roti or paratha or dosa. Pulao or pilaf is rice cooked with veggies so the actual importance of Tawa Pulao is Rice and veggies cooked on the iron frying pan. Tawa pulao home cooking
Tawa pulao home cooking
To make Tawa pulao, you blend cooked white rice in with sautéed vegetables with certain flavors and pav bhaji masala. This gets cooked on the iron frying pan or Tawa.
The sizzling clamor of flame-broiled veggies and tempting fragrance of extraordinary flavors… just too great!
For Making Rice
- 1 cup long-grain basmati rice rinsed and washed
- 1.5 cup of water
For Making Pulao Vegetable Mixture
- 2 tsp. oil divided
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes thinly chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper (capsicum)
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste – divided
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder- divided
- 2 teaspoons pav bhaji masala – divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tbsp finely chopped cilantro leaves
- Salt as required
Tawa pulao home cooking
To make the rice
- Rinse and wash the basmati rice well.
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, heat oil on medium heat.
- Add half of ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, and pav bhaji masala and saute for about 1 minute.
- tomato sauce and stir well.
- Add the washed rice.
- Add water. Give it a good stir. Season with salt.
- Raise the heat. Bring the water to boil on very high heat.
- Let it continue to boil until 80 % of water is evaporated.
- Lower the heat, cover the pot and let it cook for another 10 minutes. Rice morsels should be soft and tender and puffy.
- Turn off the heat and let it stay for 10 minutes covered. Fluff it with a fork and your rice is ready.
To make the veggies mixture
- Heat the oil on the Tawa or wok.
- the onions and saute until onions become translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste
- chopped tomatoes and salt.
- Let the tomatoes cook until mushy. Saute in between.
- Add half of pav bhaji masala and red chili powder.
- Saute for a minute. You should sense the aroma.
- Add chopped vegetables and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- A vegetable masala mixture is ready!
- Add the cooked rice.
- Carefully fold everything so the veggie masala mixture coats the rice.
- Cover and cook over low flame for 1-2 minutes. Turn off the heat. Then remove the cover and gently fluff the rice.
- Drizzle lemon juice and sprinkle chopped coriander leaves.
- Tawa pulao is ready to serve. Serve hot.
- Turn the InstantPot on SAUTE mode and oil. Add the onions and saute until onions become translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste.
- chopped tomatoes and salt. Let the tomatoes cook until mushy. Saute in between.
- Add half of pav bhaji masala and red chili powder. Saute for a minute. You should sense the aroma.
- Add chopped vegetables and saute for 2-3 minutes. A vegetable masala mixture is ready!
- Cancel SAUTE mode. Using the spatula, remove the mixture on the plate and keep it aside.
- Put the inner pot back in the InstantPot. Start it on SAUTE and add oil.
- Add rest of the pav bhaji masala, ginger garlic paste, and red chili powder.
- Saute for a minute till it sizzles.
- Add tomato sauce and let it cook for another minute.
- Add rice and give the mixture a batter stir and water mix well. Make sure to deglaze the bottom.
- Cancel SAUTE. Close the lid of the InstantPot. Choose MANUAL and choose 5 minutes.
- It will take about 7-8 minutes for IP to kick in. Once the timer goes off after cooking, wait for a few minutes, and do QPR (quick pressure release). Once the valve drops down, open the lid.
- Put in the veggie masala mixture over the cooked rice. Carefully fold everything so the veggie masala mixture coats the rice. Your Tawa pulao is ready!
- Drizzle the lemon juice and sprinkle chopped cilantro leaves over and serve warm.
Don’t be forget to share on social media pages like share, and comment.