Litti chokha (Litti chokha recipe in the oven) is a complete meal that started from the Indian province of Bihar. It is additionally well known in Jharkhand and parts of Eastern Uttar Pradesh.
It is a batter ball comprised of entire wheat flour and stuffed with sattu (broiled chickpea and grain flour) blended in with herbs and flavors and afterward cooked over coal or cow fertilizer cakes or wood then it is hurled with much ghee.
Although all the time mistook for the firmly related baati, it is a totally extraordinary dish as far as taste, surface, and readiness. It might be eaten with yogurt, baigan bharta, alu bharta, and papad.
The litti are customarily prepared over a bovine manure fire, however, in the cutting edge, another seared adaptation has been developed litti chokha recipe in the oven.
What is the litti chokha of Bihar?
- Litti chokha is a staple food of Bihar, Jharkhand, and Eastern Uttar Pradesh.
- It is pocket well disposed of for the common laborers and furthermore sound regarding proteins and supplements.
- It is made of entire wheat flour and stuffed with sattu (gram flour powder).
- Cooking and serving litti is essential to understand the real taste of this food.
- The best littis ought to be cooked in the oven so that the littis are prepared appropriately and within fillings are cooked and blended well.
- The flavor of litti lies in its stuffed material, to be specific sattu.
- Dry sattu is blended in with cleaved garlic and ginger and some Indian dry species to give a tart flavor, and after the litti is heated it is broken
- into pieces, and hot ghee is poured on top of it.
- It is best presented with crude onions absorbed lemon and vinegar, chokha (spicy pureed potatoes) the best litti chokha recipe in the oven.
- Course Main Course
- Cuisine Indian
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Servings 4 people
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (chapati atta)
- 2 Tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- cup About 1/3 lukewarm water
- 3/4 cup sattu (flour of roasted chana dal, available in Indian grocery stores)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon asafetida (Hing)
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon mango powder (Amchoor)
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tablespoon green chili (finely chopped, adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/4 cup water (approximately)
- Potato, and Tomato Chokha
- 1 cup medium size potato (boiled peeled and roughly mashed)
- 2 medium-size tomato (roasted peeled and mashed, I have roasted them over the skillet)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Spices we will use half and half to make both Potato and Tomato Chokha
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (just for Potato Chokha)
- 2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped green chilies
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or mustard oil (I prefer olive oil)
- 2 Tbsp ghee or clarified butter for serving the Litties.
How to make litti chokha recipe in the oven
For tomato chokha
- To set up the Tomato Chokha add the flavors to crushed tomatoes around 1/2 tsp salt, a spot of dark pepper, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1 Tbsp green bean stew.
- 1 Tbsp cilantro and 1 Tbsp of oil combine it.
For potato chokha
- Include all the rest of the flavors with pureed potatoes, salt, a spot of dark pepper, lemon juice, ginger, cilantro, and oil, blend it well. Potato Chokha is prepared, saved.
To Make Dough
- Blend the flour, salt, and ghee. Add water gradually to make a mixture.
- Batter ought to be firm yet don’t ply the mixture.
- Spread the batter and let it sit for in any event fifteen minutes.
- Combine all the fixings with the exception of water, sattu, salt, asafetida, turmeric, red stew powder, mango powder, ginger, green bean stew, and ghee, presently add little water to make a firm mixture, the batter will be minimal brittle.
- Pre-heat the broiler at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- I am utilizing an oven or you can likewise utilize toaster.
- Partition the batter into 8 equivalent parts and fold them into balls.
- They won’t be a smooth mixture ball. Likewise, partition the filling in 8 sections filling ought to be minimal littler then mixture balls.
- Fold the mixture balls into a 3-inch circle.
- Spot one piece of the filling in the focal point of each moved mixture, and pull the edges of the batter to wrap the filling.
- Continue to make every one of the 8 balls.
- Oil your palms and roll the filled balls delicately between your palms.
- Organize the litties over lubed preparing sheet around one inch separated and place in the oven, for 10-12 minutes, turn them over and heat again for 10-12 minutes.
- Litties ought to be brilliant earthy colored all around.
- need around 2 Tbsp ghee or explained margarine for serving the Litties along with choka or sauce.
Don’t be forget to read my previous blogs and do follow my social media pages like share, and comment.